Managing Your Money
- MINIMIZE number and usage of credit cards
- PLAN how to spend your money before you get it. When money for any budget category is gone, stop spending in that category.
- In regards to STUDENT LOANS, the longer you borrow money, the more interest you will pay.
- KEEP a list of your goals to remind yourself why you don’t want to overspend.
- Discover/define your financial situation and identify your objectives
- It is vital that you PLAN AHEAD with money
- BE REALISTIC and HONEST in your plans-not always easy!
- PRIORITISE your needs in your budget
- ANTICIPATE the unusual and even the unexpected-it will happen!
- Don’t leave yourself short but do LIMIT YOURSELF!
- Examine your ATTITUDE! Consider budgeting as a reward system, not a deprivation system