4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Date13 & 14thFebruary 2019
Time:4.00 pm – 7.00 pm
Location:ArcLabs boardroom, WIT West Campus, Carriganore, Waterford
In the run up to the Enterprise Ireland deadline for Student Entrepreneurial Awards of Friday 8thMarch 2019, WIT will be running an internal bootcamp competitionwith cash prizes on 13th& 14thFebruary from 4- 7pm each day.
The Arclabs Student Entrepreneurship Bootcamp aims to assist in developing WIT full-time students’ innovative ideas into viable business opportunities by providing them with tools for future business growth.
The Bootcamp will run in Arc Labsboardroom on 13th& 14thFebruary from 4- 7pm each day to help students get direction on the next steps by providing mentoring to develop their business ideas.
Arclabs, the Research and Innovation centre at Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) supports this exciting event for WIT students.
This bootcamp events will partner with and feed into:
- The Enterprise Ireland Student Entrepreneur Awards2019
- Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur 2019 (IBYE)
- The Arc Academy programme
|Mentoring will be provided by the following mentors on a variety of disciples to assist in developing students innovative ideas:|
|· Ms. Rosemary Ward – Business Consultant, South East Bic
· Dr. Paul O Leary – Head of Quality Promotion and Academic Policy Development and formally lecturer in School of Engineering
· Dr. James O’Sullivan –Technology Transfer Manager, WIT
· Dr. Patrick Lynch – Director of RIKON – Business Technology Management centre
· Mr. Ross Lee – Lecturer in Creative & Performing Arts
· Ms. Lorna Power – Former winner of the Grant Thornton Emerging Business Award at the EI Student Entrepreneur Awards 2018
· Mr. Keith McGrory – Former finalist at the EI Student Entrepreneur Awards 2016 & Inventor and Founder of HighTower Painting Products Ltd.
|Areas of mentoring will cover:
· Business Model Canvas
· How to protect my idea?
· Route to Market – Target Customers, Channels & Value Proposition
· Creative Presenting & Design
|Food and Refreshments will be provided throughout the evening.|